Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tufted Ottoman







Over a year ago, I picked up an ottoman for free at a friend's yard sale. It hung out in our garage far too long! This past Thursday the big girls and I determined to recover it. Here's the result! I am especially grateful to Eady, who recovered all the little buttons, and to Lillian who did the machine sewing. Supplies cost next to nothing ~ fabric cost about $8.00, the cushion cost $2.00 (purchased from an estate sale - brand new) needle, thread and staples were on hand, and the cardboard strip placed on the underside of the skirt's piping was made from a cereal box.

I have a few more yards of the same fabric to use on my next project. This chair wants some professional help!

4 comments:

  1. Well done my friend! You and your girls can do anything. Are you planning to paint the chair or just recover? Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the ottoman turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of painting it. The wood grain is the similar to our bedroom set. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! You and your girls inspire me!

    ReplyDelete